From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NET Assembly Changed

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to open a VI that was supplied with a spectrometer that was purchased. As soon as I open the VI I a warning message appears - Expected Assembly "ARCsoft.ARCspectroMd, Version=1.4.3372.25547, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null", but found "ARCsoft.ARCspectroMd, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null." I have tried to create a configuaration file for this .dll file by creating a new text document named ARCsoft.ARCspectroMd.dll.config. With the contents as

<configuration>

<runtime>

<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">

<dependentAssembly>

<assemblyIdentity name="ARCsoft.ARCspectroMd"

publicKeyToken="18cbae0f9955702a"

culture="Neutral" />

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.4.3372.25547" newVersion="2.1.0.0" />

</dependentAssembly>

</assemblyBinding>

</runtime>

</configuration>

I feel like I am making this configuration file incorrectly because LabVIEW is entirely ignoring it. I placed it in the same directory as the VI and the .dll file. Thanks for any help in advance!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,226 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aidonithith

.NET config files for the CLR are for the executable that hosts the CLR, not individual assemblies. So if you are running the VI in the development environment then you need to change this to LabVIEW.exe.config and place it in the LabVIEW folder in Program Files.

This can be a bit of a maintenance head-ache so other options are:

• Have the assembly local to the VI and not in the GAC. This may or may not be an option for you.
  •  Accept the version difference by gaining some confidence that the functionality you need is intact (either through testing or from the supplier)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,185 Views)