LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET Assembly Changed

Hello,

I am trying to open a VI that was supplied with a spectrometer that was purchased. As soon as I open the VI I a warning message appears - Expected Assembly "ARCsoft.ARCspectroMd, Version=1.4.3372.25547, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null", but found "ARCsoft.ARCspectroMd, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null." I have tried to create a configuaration file for this .dll file by creating a new text document named ARCsoft.ARCspectroMd.dll.config. With the contents as 

<configuration>

<runtime>

<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">

<dependentAssembly>

<assemblyIdentity name="ARCsoft.ARCspectroMd"

publicKeyToken="18cbae0f9955702a"

culture="Neutral" />

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.4.3372.25547" newVersion="2.1.0.0" />

</dependentAssembly>

</assemblyBinding>

</runtime>

</configuration>

I feel like I am making this configuration file incorrectly because LabVIEW is entirely ignoring it. I placed it in the same directory as the VI and the .dll file. Thanks for any help in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,206 Views)

The warning indicates that the VI was last saved referencing an older version of the dll that has since been replaced on disk with a newer version. As a result this warning may not be a real warning - if this is the case then you should consider saving the VI(s) so that warning does not occur again (the VI(s) will be linked against the newer version instead).

But back to your question regarding the config file - to my knowledge this will only work with LabVIEW if the process hosting the CLR has the config file attached - ie in the dev environment you need to create a "LabVIEW.exe.config" file in the LabVIEW.exe folder, or for a built exe "*.exe.config" in the same folder as that application exe.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,172 Views)