LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyRio is missing build in subvi's

Hi, 

I am having trouble installing the MyRio Labview 2019 bundle. Labview seems to have been installed correctly but whenever I try to create a MyRio project, using the build in "MyRio Project" template, the system is missing subvi's and throw this error:

202110448postaudk_0-1724694257132.png

202110448postaudk_1-1724694272755.png

What I have tried:

- Uninstalling ALL labview software and reinstalling

- Uninstalling Labview-Real-Time module and reinstalling

- Unstialling and reinstalling MyRio kit 

Please, if anyone knows anything let me know! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(154 Views)

I have worked with the myRIO 2019 Toolkit, and know how to install it.  Before getting started, however, please provide me with some "diagnostic information --

• What version of Windows are you running?  [My experience is entirely with Windows 10].
  • What version(s) of LabVIEW (year and whether 32-bit or 64-bit) are installed on your PC?
  • Please open MAX in LabVIEW 2019.  Expand the Software tab under "My System".  Attach a screen-shot image (.png should be fine).
  • Connect your myRIO.  Do you get the myRIO USB Monitor popping up?
  • Go back to MAX, close "My System", expand "Remote Systems", select your myRIO, and expand its Software tab.  Attach another screen shot.  For the myRIO, make sure you expand any sub-items.

I noticed you mentioned uninstalling and reinstalling LabVIEW.  Did you do anything in addition to running NIPM twice, once to remove all installed LabVIEW software, and once to remove NIPM itself?  Did you delete any folders, or do any "Registry cleaning"?

I look forward to your responses.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(133 Views)

Hi, and thank you so much for your reply.

I understand that I have not been that helpfull with providing proper diagnostic information. I do apologies. I am just very frustated over all of these issues.

But to answer your quistions:

• What version of Windows are you running?  [My experience is entirely with Windows 10].
    •  I am running Windows 10 Pro 

• What version(s) of LabVIEW (year and whether 32-bit or 64-bit) are installed on your PC?
    • I am running Labview 2019 32bit. (I have previously had 2023 and 2022 but have since been uninstalled)

• Please open MAX in LabVIEW 2019.  Expand the Software tab under "My System".  Attach a screen-shot image (.png should be fine).
    • Unfortunanlty I have just uninstalled all NI software to begin anew again in the morning 

• Connect your myRIO.  Do you get the myRIO USB Monitor popping up?
    • It popped up everytime and all the sensors worked as they should in the setup wizard.

• Go back to MAX, close "My System", expand "Remote Systems", select your myRIO, and expand its Software tab.  Attach another screen shot.  For the myRIO, make sure you expand any sub-items.
    • Ill try and do that in the morning, as I believe that the problem will persist. (As its getting quite late) 

• I noticed you mentioned uninstalling and reinstalling LabVIEW.  Did you do anything in addition to running NIPM twice, once to remove all installed LabVIEW software, and once to remove NIPM itself?  Did you delete any folders, or do any "Registry cleaning"?
    • That is correct. I have uninstalled all the software through the NIPM each time twice to remove all the different stuff. Each time I have uninstalled the NIPM. I have also removed the NI Instruments folder from the programsfolder but only AFTER uninstalling everything the propper way. I have not done any Registry cleaning.

Soren Fogh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(123 Views)

Hi, you mentioned Registry cleaning. Should I run something like CClean before reinstalling?

Soren Fogh

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(119 Views)

Do NOT run any Registry cleaning!  This is an almost sure way to put your PC in a state where LabVIEW will not be able to be successfully installed (it might install, but probably won't run until you reformat the C: drive, reinstall Windows, reinstall all your other software, and reinstall your Profile and data files.  [I also, regrettably, have experience with this, as well ...]

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(101 Views)

Alright. That doesn't sound good. Is it possible that I've have caused this by deleting every NI folders I could find after uninstalling? I say this because, before I got the issues mentioned in this thread, I had the issue of labview not launching at all. But that fixed itself by uninstalling everything including deleting all NI related folders.

Also, is there a specific installation sequence that I should follow ? Meaning should I install Labview 2019 32bit then the Rio bundle and the MyRio tool kit?

Søren Fogh 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(83 Views)