LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Tcp/ip multi-client server is not passing the data string into the flatten to string vi

I am using labview Multi-connection cleint and server to build my own multi-client server connection.

The problem i am having is that the data does not get through the flatten to string vi. Would anyone be kind enough to tell me why is that happening? and what I do to fix it.

Attached code . My goal is to send data to the client via tcp/ip and use the data to perform certain task.

Thanks a whole lot

Admin Note - VIs removed per user's request.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,653 Views)
I'm sorry but I can't look at your code right now, but how do you know that the data does not get through the flatten to string function?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,641 Views)

following the data flow with the lightbulb on, once it makes it out the tcp read from the client it doesnt flow through the unflatten to string so the data does not come out. but I placed an indicator befor the string goes thru the unflatten to string vi and it output something in binary of course.

I am not sure why is that happenning.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,635 Views)
The first thing is to make sure everything is wired correctly. A good way to do this is to click on the block diagram cleanup button on the block diagram toolbar. It will cleanup the diagram and you will see clearly where the connections are.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,610 Views)

One major problem is that you are sending a cluster flattened to string for each iteration of the for loop in the server and trying to interpret each received string as an ARRAY of clusters. I get error 116 from the Unflatten from String when I use array of cluster for the type but it works fine when i use the cluster.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,599 Views)

Thanks for you input @JOhnsold, you are right about passing the wrong data type to the unflatten string. Unfortunately, as im looking at the code after i made the fix, the problem still remains. if you look at the data flow, you will notice that the from the server the data stop  right before the TCP write that is inside the for loop. therefor it never gets to the client. I test the examples it work fine. the simplest addition i made to it it's causing all of that.. that's interesting....

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,588 Views)

Take a screenshort of what you are seeing.

That would help us to understand what you have probelms with.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,545 Views)

Instead, I decided to upload the code and recent mods I have made to it .

see attached

Admin Note - VIs removed per user's request.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,533 Views)