LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple y axes overlap

I have a graph with multiple y axes. I programmatically turn on and off some of the y axes as and when I need them, appropriate to the curves I'm plotting.
When I created the graph, I placed half the y axes to the left of the plot, and the remainder to the right. However, when I use the yScale.Visible property to show/hide the axes, I get something like this:

What's happening!? Why are my y-axes overlapped? (please ignore the white box in the plot, that's just me covering up some annotation text)

Message Edited by Thoric on 07-16-2008 04:05 PM
Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,476 Views)

Labview has trouble sometimes with complicated GUI.  Try highlighting the scale numerics and changing the justification, scale numbers on the left should be right justified and scale numbers on the rigth should be left justified.  I try not to make too many scales because it becomes hard to read.

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,456 Views)
Thanks for the advice, Paul. Unfortunately, that hasn't helped. Furthermore, I need to distribute this code as an .exe that is expected to take care of its own axes.

One of these y-axes is meant to be on the opposite side of the plot, and I think LV has 'forgotten' that since it was made invisible. Hence, when I set it to 'visible' again, it appears in the wrong place. If I could somehow swap it back to the right hand side I'd be able to cope with this, but there's no property I can see for doing this programmatically.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,448 Views)

Strange, I am able to have a chart with 4 axis 2 on the left and 2 on the right and can programatically show or hide any combo of them programatically.   How many axis do you need, maybe you can reuse some of the scales, and programatically re name and scale them.  Have you tried replacing the control woith a fresh control?  Sometimes I have seen controls actually get corrupted when over manipulated and scaled, where strange thisng happen like tool tips get shifted or scales nolonger line-ip.  You van also try to custom ize the control, giving you more fine control on where the axis parts are to be drawn.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 4 of 5
(2,445 Views)
My chart has four axes on the left and four on the right, so you can understand why I want to hide those that aren't used as it gets very busy on there sometimes ! Smiley Very Happy Unfortunately, none can be re-used as there are rare occasions when all eight are needed! Smiley Surprised

I've managed to re-create the plot, and also create a hard-coded list defining which side of the plot (left or right) each y-axis is meant to reside. Thus, if LV 'forgets' which side of the plot to draw the y axis, it doesn't matter because I'm now calculating the actual scale position.left property and setting it myself.

Took a bit of coding up, but seems to work nicely now!

Thanks for the advice Paul. It's good to know people are out there willing to help! Smiley Happy

(I'd rate your answers but I don't have enough posts to have that privilege yet. sorry)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,434 Views)