cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple same sized ROI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi again everyone. I have questions regarding the ROI scheme ,

1. They say you can make multiple ROI's by clicking the ctrl button and it works. You can make multiple ROI's out of it.

Question: a. How can you extract each ROI's one by one? 

b. are the extracted ROI represented by an array of coordinates or cluster of coordinates?

c. Is there a VI such that all the ROI's extracted will have the same size and resolution )without resizing the ROI)?

d. Can you draw a ROI and use the size of that ROI as the size of the next ROI?

example: I made a 10x10 pixel ROI in the first sample, in the next ROI, a 10x10 box will just come out so all i have to do is move the box to that desired region.

P.S. maybe the same problem is already posted so i hope you can post the link of the topic so its easy for me to find again.

Thanks again for every help i'll receive.

Brein

A LABVIEW NEWBIE

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,356 Views)
up this problem 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,336 Views)

Hey Brein,

What environment are you working in, LabVIEW, VBAI, etc. ? What versions of the software are you working with? Also, how are you creating the ROI's, are you using IMAQ VI's to do so or are you creating your ROI's on a front panel image display?

Sorry for answering your question with a question. But perhaps a little more information regarding where you are coming from would be helpful.

Hope this helps.
-Ben

WaterlooLabs
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,325 Views)

hello thanks for the reply. I am using labview 7.0 and vision 7.0. I give you the freedom whether to use the vi or use the front panel image display, the simplier the better.

this is one of my important questions.

1. We know clicking the ctrl button in your keyboard will give us the option to make multiple ROIs, but how are these stored in the memory? is it in the array or cluster of coordinates? Will it only store the last ROI that you have drawn?

2. In analyzing multiple samples, we know to avoid bias the ROI's must be of the same size. How can you make the ROI's same sized?(without resizing them). Can i just place multiple boxes in an image and let the user move the boxes to their respective locations?

Brein

- Starting to get frustrated with his failures-

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,306 Views)
up this problem 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,294 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brein

Hello Brein,

1. Yes, the ROIs are stored as clusters and you can pull out all ROI information using ROI description.

2. You can save RIO description into the cluster then reuse them in your program. Here's a link to an example using event structure to display pre-determined ROI.

http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4779

Andy Chang
National Instruments
LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation
Message 6 of 6
(4,276 Views)