LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple producer one consumer

Solved!
Go to solution

I have been away from my office.  I will try to look at your questions and replay later today.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 46
(1,016 Views)

I have figured out a way to avoid loop ending before queue is empty. especially the write queue. Please see attached vi as well and let me know what you think.

Thank you so much Lynn! I have learned so much that I can't express my gratitude enough 🙂

V

I may not be perfect, but I'm all I got!
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 46
(1,004 Views)

Any comments on the final version?

V

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 46
(982 Views)

Hello,

I thought the final version was signed, sealed and delivered. But, off late, I am seeing error -1073877339 or something of that sort which is a Timeout expired error or something at the Read VISA terminal. Basically what's happening is that the default case which runs in the Consumer loop (so to speak) should send 0000 to write and barring a one time only timeout at the write, I shouldnt see any more timeouts. But I see the contrary. The dequeue at the upper loop seems to be empty which triggers a timeout and hence triggers a timeout error with the software I am trying to connect to. I have replaced this Queue_RS232 way of code with a regular case structure for the codes. Any help will be appreciated. I will try and attach some screenshots of what I am experiencing. In the meantime, I only have my attachement of a two queue_RS232 vi as means to show what i am doing. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 46
(936 Views)

because mutex means mutual exclusion only allow to executes one process at a time .there is no two process can not  work simultanousy.

are you  satisfied my answer or not plz  reply me

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 46
(810 Views)

Divesh,

Why is your first ever post on the forum to a 3 year old message thread, then pleading to the person to respond to you?

Dredging up this old thread is rather pointless.

If you want to help someone, then look at a recent thread and contribute to that.

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 46
(794 Views)