LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Relay Control with various profiles

Hi All,

Need some suggestions on how I should go about building my VI.

So this is what I'm trying to do. 

I have 5 relays which I'm controlling with LabVIEW (just using a simple Digital output to turn them ON/OFF)

so DO0-DO4 to control 5 different relays.

The problem is, each relay has different profiles/cycles than need to be run simulatenously

For example:

Relay 1 turns ON for 1 min and OFF for 1 min for a total time of 180 mins

Relay 2 turns ON for 30 mins OFF for  30 mins for a total time of 180 mins

Relay 3 turns ON for 60 mins OFF for 30 mins for a total time of 180 mins

etc etc

The one consistent thing about the program I'm working on is that its a 180 min run.

During the 180 min , each relay will be turning on/off at different times which is where I'm having trouble.

How can I run this type of profile? While loop for each relay? but I couldn't get them to work simultenously. 

If anyone has a suggestion to control multiple relays with varying ON/OFF time in sequence, I'd love to hear it.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,584 Views)

I have done something similar using the dynamic calls to a reentrant VI.  So the idea is to open a reference and run (not waiting for completion) the VI in a FOR loop.  Then each call will be running off on its own.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,560 Views)

Hello, I need to implement the same concept.  I basically need to control two relays at the same time but one will turn off sooner than the other.  Is there an example of how to program this any where?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,748 Views)

Give a good look for Queued Message Handlers and for State Machine.  I am picturing a main loop that is a state machine and then it gives commands/messages to 2 other loops that are QMHs to handle the actual relay controls.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,736 Views)