LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Instruments unknown amount code reuse activex

Hi

I have a question which I can't find the appropriate words to search for to solve my problem.

Basically, I have the need to develop a test rig which could have an unknown amount of units connected to it via USB, I have created an activeX control to do all the comms and this can look on the system for all the devices present.

Ideally i want to be able to create something in LabView where I can use this array/ list of devices attached and then use the same test procedure on all of them. So really what I want to do is create a VI which can take this list and then in parallel run the comms to all units.

Can anyone show me a VI that does something similar or point me in the direction of an example or tutorial on the internet, or tell me some buzz words to search for?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,129 Views)
Hi AV1000,

Here is some very basic example code to show you how you could implement what you want to do.

It is sequential rather than parallel, as I do not know if you ActiveX control is thread safe and so do not want to suggest a method to do that.
It also becomes a lot harder to get code to run in parallel, in your setup.

Regards
JamesC
NIUK and Ireland

Message 2 of 2
(2,117 Views)