LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Dynamic Select

Any suggestions on how to select (Boolean) a list of items that are dynamic?  I need a control that can scale to any size (< 50 element) so the customer can select what gets written to disk.  My first thought was a Boolean array but can’t create unique labels. List box doesn't scale dynamically either. 

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,599 Views)
Hi,

I don't agree (or else i'm not understanding you) with you, when you say that listbox it's not dynamic. You can dynamic change it's content trought the property "itemNames".

Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,597 Views)
Sorry, I was trying to say radio buttons.  I guess a list box will work for the task.  I was think more along the lines of a boolean control.

Thanks
Matthew Fitzsimons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,594 Views)
and id you use simple things... Like the array of boolean and an array of strings. And in this, you could write the names.

What you think?
Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,591 Views)
You can customize a slide control to look like radio buttons, but it won't resize nicely. I would also say go with the listbox. I use it and it works well.

(2,588 Views)
The issue of using both is they would have to scroll and aligning the boolean to the string label together.  I belive the list box would work for this application.
Matthew Fitzsimons

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,585 Views)
Thanks all for the quick suggestions.  The consensus is the list box is the simplest to implement and will work for this application.
Matthew Fitzsimons

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,573 Views)