LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilanguage user interface

Hello,

Recently i am working on Multilangauge Labview code. For that i am Using Unicode Vis.

I found the problem when i am using the Unicode Text for Ring text Control.

The name in the Ring text Drop down shows the only first characters. Actually i want full name as per saved in database in Ring text Drop down box.

Here i have attached one image of ring text drop down menu.Attached image text was written in Russian Langauge. I am working on Russian and English languages.

In image you can see that Russian language characters shown as per saved in database but English characters not shown properly as per datab

Please help me to solve this...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,344 Views)

Please share sample code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,319 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,301 Views)

@Dhvanil479 wrote:

Hello,

Recently i am working on Multilangauge Labview code. For that i am Using Unicode Vis.

I found the problem when i am using the Unicode Text for Ring text Control.

The name in the Ring text Drop down shows the only first characters. Actually i want full name as per saved in database in Ring text Drop down box.

Here i have attached one image of ring text drop down menu.Attached image text was written in Russian Langauge. I am working on Russian and English languages.

In image you can see that Russian language characters shown as per saved in database but English characters not shown properly as per datab

Please help me to solve this...

I'm pretty sure this is a known bug, Text Ring vs Unicode.  It's been so long since I worked with Unicode in LV that I have forgotten what the workaround, if any is.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,291 Views)

Please Suggest me any alternate for text ring for Unicode list selection. I tried combo box but not working.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,270 Views)

I had attempted to do multilanguage user interface in LV with undocumented unicode properties and failed miserably. At the end there is always property or control that can not be translated and it will be dead end sooner or later.

I belive all we can do is to relay and work based on OS codepages and regional settings.

This approach is used in this module: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/12396/en/

This wil not allow You to switch on the fly between languages with diffrent charsets.

From what I see NXG will support unicode and all problems above will be solved 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,264 Views)