LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multicolumn Listbox Active Cell

I made a subvi who needs the multicolumn listboxes's reference, your mouse position and it gives the cell coords. Even if your colums hasn't the same width. It contains a while loop who finish when the column has found. I use this subvi in an Event Structure, I made an event for "mouse down" in my multicolumn listbox. Then it's easy to get the reference of the listboxe, and the position of the mouse.
I made this vi in last 10 minutes and I dont tried it in many conditions, maybe you'll find bugs if you dont use it in same conditions than me.

Sincerly
Jimmy
Message 11 of 14
(1,636 Views)

You just made my day. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(508 Views)

If you want a simpler solution, these days these controls have a method called Point to Row Column which takes in coordinates and tells you which cell is at those coordinates. You can use this with a Mouse Down or Mouse Down? event for the control and use the coords from the event as the input to the method.

To create it, you can right click the control and select Create>>Invoke Node and then select the method.

I just noticed that I replied to a 15 year old thread 😁

Thanks a lot! "Piont to Row Column" does excalty what I was looking for. I just didn't look for methods...

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(467 Views)