From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-channel decimation filtering in LV FPGA

Hi, I'm tring to implement a low-pass decimation filter on FPGA (9101) for all 32 AI channels of the 9205 (6 KHz/ch to 1 KHz/ch). I used the DFD stepbystep example vi to design my filter. Currently I'm transfering data channel by channel from the module to a Target-scoped FIFO. The filter reads from this FIFO, filter it and output to a DMA target to host FIFO so that the RT controller then reads them.  The filter is not applied to the data channel-by-channel, it is rather applied to all the data in the FIFO. I don't think this is the right way. 

The question I have is: What is the best way to do filtering one channel at a time? I can use 32 FIFO and send them thru the filter one at a time, but I'm not sure this is giving me the best performance, as I'm running the AI module at close to maximum sampling rate (aggregated 250ks/s). I need the most efficient way of doing this without running out of space on my FPGA. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 2
(2,504 Views)

I'm answering my own question here. After taking a close look at the code generated by the wizard, it does apply the filter on a channel by channel basis. I should not have concerned about this.

Message 2 of 2
(2,493 Views)