LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Executable to a New Computer

Hi all! 

I work as an electrician/IT technician at a manufacturing company and have little experience with Labview and it's associated products but have been tasked with fixing an issue, so please bear with my lack of experience.

I am attempting to move an executable from an old Mac running XP in Bootcamp, to a new PC running Windows 7. The executable, associated config file and .dlls have all been moved, as has the .lpd file for OPC Server. The executable itself starts up without any errors, but it doesn't seem to be communicating with OPC Server, or Server isn't communicating with the PLC. 

I have no access to the source Labview files, Labview itself, or MAX, as our company did not design the program, so I realize that I'm somewhat limited in what I can change/see/fix. I have attached the executable .ini file and .lpd files in case this helps in troubleshooting. 

I appreciate any help you can give! Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,094 Views)

Hi msilverman,

when you bought that old software from an external developer your should have got an installer (aka "setup") for the tool.

Run the installer…

Moving just the executable will most often not work as you need to install all needed drivers (like for OPC communication) - which usually is done by the installer!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,085 Views)