LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movable cursor that is able to detect the peak automatically

Hi i am facing a troble with my labview program and i really need help! I was trying to link my peak detector threshold to my graph cursor in order to find my peak point. But when i move my cursor towards my graph starts getting "cut off". But when i open the peak detector example vi, their peak detector was able to locate all the graph peak without "cutting off" their graph. Why is that so? plz help me! thanx. Here is my vi.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,920 Views)

Can anyone explain to me why the peak detector example vi is able to use the threshold to detect the peak without cutting off the graph but my peak detector vi cant do what the example vi did. plz help!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,878 Views)

I have tried many ways to do it but it still cuts off my waveform. I really need a solution asap! plz help! thanx!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,829 Views)

The graph containing the cursor you are reading contains the array of amplitudes, not the signal. Since that array is empty, and the cursor is locked to that plot, you won't be able to do anything useful.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,809 Views)

But from the peak detector example vi it also did it that way. So if i want to make the cursor able to read the peak value what am i suppose to do or implentment? plz help thanx!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,805 Views)

The peak detector graphs the amplitudes vs locations in an xy graph. You only graph the amplitudes in a waveform graph. Whatever you are doing is completely different.

Graph the data AND the detected peaks in an xy graph, for example.

You might also want to throttle your code a little bit. At the moment, it uses 100% CPU doing the some old calculations and displays over and over. The loop only needs to spin if something changes.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,802 Views)

I have tried using the xy graph, but the xy graph changes my waveform and when i move the cursor it did not automatically detect the peak. Can u do a demo for me so i can understand more about the peak detector function?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,791 Views)

Hi can u teach me of a way so that i could use my cursor to spot all the peak point of my waveform? I really need help! thanx

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,738 Views)