LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse wheel scroll event ON CHANGE?

daveTW wrote:

I discovered your VIs today and I want to tell you, I think it's excellent work. Congratulations!

Hi Dave,

Can you pl post the link to Mike's VIs?

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25
(6,304 Views)

parthabe wrote:

Hi Dave,

Can you pl post the link to Mike's VIs?

I think he is referring to the second post of this same thread Partha. See he had kudoed Mike's post. But its just my thought Smiley Wink he has to confirm this. Smiley Sad

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25
(6,302 Views)

Hi,

I meant the only VIs posted in this thread (so far). Smiley Happy

greets, Dave

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25
(6,282 Views)

Hi,

for all who are interested attached is the second version of my Scroll vi's. Now it's working without polling. It reacts on the messages which will be send if the scrollwheel will be used. I use the Windows Message Library to receive the messages. The attached zip files contain an Example which shows how it can be used. If someone want to scroll through a table or an array, then please see the Vi's from version one, because they are not part of this library.

Hope it helps someone.

The vi's are for LV7.1.

Mike

Message 14 of 25
(6,093 Views)

Hi Mike,

It looks great! Unfortunately it's broken on 64 bit systems. Could you post source code of the DLL, or a 64 bit version?

Thanks a lot

Charles

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 25
(5,504 Views)

Hi CharlesB64,

sorry, i can't send the source code of the dll. It's a dll shipped with the OS. In my case WinXP.

All vi's should be without any password, so you should be able to see everything i have done.

Edit: ohh, this dll is not from me. It's part of the windows message library.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 25
(5,496 Views)

Nevermind, I'll use the first version, still works in 64 bit. Great work anyway!!

Best 

Charles

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25
(5,467 Views)

Hello MikeS81

I want use the wheel mouse to scroll an array of clusters and both of your "code versions" can do the trick. Which one should I use for that? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each one?

I have ScrollEvent_LV71.zip and Scroll_Event_V2.zip

Thanks.

Dan07.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(5,057 Views)

Hi Dan07,

you can use both versions. The advantage of the second version is that it works without polling, it reacts on windows messages. The disadvantages of the second version are, it runs not on 64 bit operating systems and it is usable on windows only.

Hope that helps.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25
(5,025 Views)

Hi MikeS81,

Great work! Is there a reason for the passwords in the first version? I have a Windows 7 64bit OS and can't use the second version, so I'd like to use your first version and modifiy some vis. I would be very happy to be able to look also into the password-protected ones. Thank you very much for sharing!!

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(4,948 Views)