cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motion Reconstruction using LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have been asked to do motion reconstruction using LabVIEW? How should I start?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 32
(3,699 Views)

Hello,

I need help on how to do Motion Reconstruction using LabVIEW using acquired data from a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is an exported 3D data from QTM. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 32
(3,694 Views)

Are you a LabVIEW Expert?  Do you know any LabVIEW?  Have you at least a CLAD certificate?

What is QTM?  Is there a QTM Forum where you can ask "Does anyone know how to do Motion Construction using LabVIEW and QTM data" there?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 32
(3,653 Views)

Hi Nabil208,

Unfortunately there are not any drivers or toolkits that I know of that will directly do motion reconstruction with Qualisys Track Manager data. Your best bet will be to reach out to Qualisys Support and see if they have any information on drivers or toolkits. Also, to reiterate what Bob Schor asked, what is your level of experience with LabVIEW? We do have some great examples on using LabVIEW and reading spreadsheet data, however the LabVIEW code itself would have to be implemented by you.

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 32
(3,608 Views)

Hi SaileshK,

Thank you for your respond.

I am new to LabVIEW, I only know the basics of using LabVIEW.

As per topic created, I need to read spreadsheet file and view into human stickman motion in 3D view. Is it possible? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 32
(3,567 Views)

Continuation

The spreadsheet file is consist of 3D data (X,Y,Z) of 2 different object/point. There are 6 data to be read Object 1 (X,Y,Z) and Object 2 (X,Y,Z). (attached)

Using the spreadsheet data, a 3D motion reconstruction should be done. I assume the outcome should look like 2 points floating around base on the X,Y,Z coordinates. 

As for the VI, I have done calling the spreadsheet file and view into graphs, however, it is not I wanted as it only shows the line constructed base on the acquired data. (VI attached)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 32
(3,559 Views)

Just a hint (for yourself, your collaborators, people whom you ask for help) -- describe the columns of the Spreadsheet.  The easiest way is to put Column Headers in Row 1 (that way, the description "sticks" to the data), but an alternative way is to say "Column 1 is Undefined, a Random incrementing Integer representing nothing at all", "Columns 2-4 are the X, Y, Z values of Object 1", "Columns 5-7 are the X, Y, Z values of Object 2".

Note that you did not tell us what Column 1 represents!  You just described 6 (not 7) pieces of data you want to be analyzed.

I'm "on the road", so can't look at your code at the present time, but someone else probably will ...

Bob Schor

Message 7 of 32
(3,556 Views)

Hi Nabil208,

It seems like you are using a waveform chart in order to display your data, even though you are wanting to display the data as two points on the graph that update their position. Have you tried using an XY-Graph to accomplish this goal? Below I have linked a tutorial on plotting single points using XY-Graphs, please look through this tutorial and see if that can suit your needs.

Plotting Single Points Using XY-Graph Using LabVIEW

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/Plotting-Single-Points-Using-XY-Graph-Using-LabVIEW/ta-p/3...

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 32
(3,539 Views)

Hi Bob Schor,

Yes, that's what I meant. Thank you for correcting it.

Yes, Ignore Column 1.

Columns 2-4 are the X, Y, Z values of Object 1

Columns 5-7 are the X, Y, Z values of Object 2

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 32
(3,531 Views)

Hi Sailesh K,

I will try your suggestion and will update the result as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 32
(3,530 Views)