From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most easy way to save a .vi o another computer ?

Hello,

I am a newbie in Labview and my project has a lot of dependencies (other .vi files linked to the main .vi, custom controls files, etc.)

I need to copy / paste the file .vi on another computer. Is it possible to export the .vi with all the dependencies ?

thanks a lot

ps : I found "duplicate hierarchy to new location" in the export options, is it what I am looking for or not at all ? thanks 🙂

Message 1 of 3
(2,125 Views)

It is important to keep the dependencies in a clean hierarchy, and not scattered all over the HD.

You have several options:

• If you have the application builder, build a "source distribution".

• For simple scenarios, just open the toplevel VI and do a "save for previous" and select the same version. It will create a folder containing the Vi and all dependencies that you can zip up and extract on the other computer. Also include the lvproj file if desired.

Message 2 of 3
(2,118 Views)

Better option would be to use a Source Code Control software like GIT or SVN.  You have your code saved in a repository on a server and then you can clone or get the latest code from the repository.  It also doubles as a backup that you can go back to when something goes horribly wrong.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 3
(2,068 Views)