LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring another SW's GUI.

Hello,

I have a project in my laboratory, I have a software to launch the test and it won't created any logs. But all log will be displayed on a LOG window of this software.

I'd like to make a program to monitor this LOG window and create a corresponding log file using LabVIEW. I've tried to check the pixels in the area of this LOG window, but it doesn't work the efficiency is very low.

Does someone have any ideas about it? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,856 Views)

Hi Tomcat,

@TomcatG wrote:

Ask the creator of that other software for a feature upgrade…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,802 Views)

@TomcatG wrote:

I've tried to check the pixels in the area of this LOG window, but it doesn't work the efficiency is very low.

Yeah - this is basically your best bet if you can't replace the software or update/upgrade it (with a new feature request etc).

There are some pieces of software that Google will turn up if you search - look for GUI Testing tools, they might be helpful.

A better(?) way to solve this problem is to try and determine how the software carries out the test, then programming that in LabVIEW. The end result would presumably be ideal, because you can make it do whatever you want, but the cost is that you're basically rewriting the entire piece of software yourself.

Depending on how much you like the software, and how complicated it is, that might be more or less achievable/desirable. I'd go ahead and ask for some sort of logging capability first...

GCentral
Message 3 of 3
(1,740 Views)