LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor Front Panel in Web browser without RTE

Please let me know if its possible to display the front panel of a vi in web browser without the LV run time engine.

Can just the host address and a particular name be configured so as to view the front panel.

All the PC's are connected in network.

Installing the RTE in each PC is not possible.

Can the data be viewed in an independant web browser?

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Grugh Mike

Success is Everything !!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,668 Views)

It's not possibly to display the front panel without the runtime engine.

The way to get around this is to use LabVIEW Web Services which was introduced in 8.6. But, you will then need to program the webpage source code so you can request the data from the LabVIEW web server and display it in a web browser. Have a look at the following:

Web Services in LabVIEW

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
Message 2 of 9
(2,663 Views)

Adnan,

Thank you for your mail.

I have successfully monitored and controlled the front panel of my vi executable from another networked system.

But i thought there should be some other way around so as to just monitor the front panel without the LV RTE.

Thank you for correcting me.

Regards
Grugh Mike

Success is Everything !!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,660 Views)

Can you just share the desktop with something like NetMeeting?

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,654 Views)

Dear jcarmody

I have not personally used netmeeting.

But as far as i know; i was just able to control and monitor my VI front panel through my web browser.

Regards
Grugh Mike

Success is Everything !!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,639 Views)

You can view an image of a front panel in a web browser without installing the Run-Time Engine.  See the help for the Web Publishing Tool, or start here: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvhowto/publishing_vi_front_panels/

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,634 Views)

@adnan Z wrote:

It's not possibly to display the front panel without the runtime engine.

This is completely inaccurate.  The web publishing tool works well for displaying front panel images in a web browser with no additional software required.  The run-time engine is only needed if you want to control and interact with the VI.

Message 7 of 9
(2,623 Views)

Ah I wasn't ever of the snapshot feature not requiring the RTE. Apologies for the confusion.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,620 Views)

@adnan Z wrote:

Ah I wasn't ever of the snapshot feature not requiring the RTE.

Same with me.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Guenter

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,614 Views)