LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus library

Hello

Am working on a project that uses a temperature regulator i want to communicate with it via RS485 that uses modbus protocol and LabVIEW2016 software, i have the modbus library but i did not find all what i need, my question is how can i find a complete modbus library so i can know all what my regulator registers contains? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,943 Views)

So what do you need? 

What did you not find? 

How did you test the Modbus Library? 
What Modbus Library is it? 

From the User manual of your Temperature Regulator, do you know the Registers that is has ? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,924 Views)

Hi ahlem,

@Ahlem16 wrote:

i have the modbus library but i did not find all what i need, my question is how can i find a complete modbus library

Which Modbus library did you choose?

What do you miss? Why is that library "not complete"?

@Ahlem16 wrote:

so i can know all what my regulator registers contains? 

Read the manual of that "regulator" to learn about all its registers…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,924 Views)

The NI Modbus library is supported in the NI LabVIEW Modbus API Discussion

But judging by your question I think you need to start with this: The Modbus Protocol In-Depth

Then once you understand the Modbus protocol, sit down with the device's manual and create a set of custom VIs for your device.

BTW: Every device is going to use different register addresses, different scaling, ect. so there is no way to make a "universal Modbus library" that just works with every single device. But the NI Modbus library supplies the foundation for you to build your own

Here is one example I made for a watt meter that uses Modbus using the NI Modbus library.

GetMeaMoodbus.png

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,858 Views)

需要modbus库文件

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,136 Views)