LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus Read Input Register

I am facing a problem with Modbus Read Input Register while polling continuously. In my application, I need to read data that is continuously coming from meter. For that, I am using Modbus Read Input Register. Whenever I run the application, it shows perfect data but after some time (not any fixed time) all the data shows zero value. at that time Modbus Read Input Register API generates an error(please refer to attached image).Screenshot_5.png

Note: Meter is working properly. It is showing continuous data in Modbus polling.

I have also try to close the connection and reconnect whenever an error occurs.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,245 Views)

Hi neha,

@neha18 wrote:

I am facing a problem with Modbus Read Input Register while polling continuously. 

Well, then you need to debug your VI!

As long as you don't attach your VI(s) and even refuse to tell the error number you will not get much more help…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,204 Views)

Kindly Refer to this vi and Error Image.

Thank You

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,162 Views)

You program needs work:

This huge mess probably could be replaced with one instance of (the missing) scale.vi inside a For Loop.

messCapture.PNG

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,146 Views)

Error code 56: The network operation exceeded the user-specified or system time limit.

It might be a good idea to give your modbus slave a little bit time in between request.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,138 Views)

Okay. I will do that.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,107 Views)

Thank you. But I have already tried this one.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,106 Views)

Hi,

There is an article describes the issue that you have faced. Error 56: Timeout When Communicating Between LabVIEW and Network Devices.

Look at the solution filed and try the troubleshooting steps.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,081 Views)