From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing vi...

Good morning,

I'm trying to run a labview program but some "vi" are missing. It seems that some library are not present on my computer.
Actually, I've got some sources on my computer without an executable (I know it's not the good way to do it 😉 ) and I'm trying to execute them but I've got some messages telling me that  some "vi" are missing.

The program was developed with labVIEW 6.1 but labVIEW 8.2 is now running on this computer. It seems that some libraries have changed between these two versions... As I'm not really good at programming in labVIEW for the moment, I don't know how to replace the missing "vi" by the new one. Is there a way to install with labVIEW 8.2, libraries from labVIEW 6.1?

I need
DIO Port Write.vi, DIO Port Read.vi, DIO Port Config.vi
AI read (scaled array).vi, AI read.vi, AI Clear.vi, AI Start.vi, AI Config.vi => AI.llb

Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(5,343 Views)
Hi Sylvain,

those vi are not necessarily part of LabView installation - they can be part of a 3rd party hardware driver.
Please check this!

(I had some similar named vi's coming from MeasurementComputing's "UniversalLibrary" driver software...)

Message Edited by GerdW on 09-20-2007 10:11 AM

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(5,343 Views)
Hi GerdW,

Thank you for your reply.

How can I check that those vi are part from a third party hardware driver ?
Thanks,

Best Regards
Sylvain

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(5,339 Views)
Hi Sylvain,

the software wants to communicate with some DIO and AI hardware as the names of the missing vis suggest.
So you can check which kind of hardware this is. Most often there's a name printed on a pcb or the cover Smiley Wink When the name is different to "NI" then you probably have some 3rd party hardware which (very often) requires it's own driver...
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(5,332 Views)
Those missing VIs are all part of the NI traditional DAQ driver. Install it from the drivers CD that you got with LabVIEW or download the latest version here. Check the actual DAQ board in your system and make sure it is supported in the release.
Message 5 of 17
(5,314 Views)

Hi. I am missing those VIs also. The hyperlink is bad. Where is the new location to download those old VIs?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(4,041 Views)

Here's the download location I found:http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/586/lang/en

What version of LabVIEW are you using?  Traditional DAQ is no longer supported and does not work in the latest versions of LabVIEW (I want to say 2010 was the last).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(4,032 Views)

I am trying to port code from 7.0 to 2013 (yes, it is a big jump). I am also new to LabView programming. I am missing DIO Port Write.vi. I believe some of you said, the latest version which LV 2013 does NOT have this vi. How do I port this vi to the new one that 2013 supports? If you point me to a sample or a link, I would really appreciate it.

-Arul.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,917 Views)

Here is alink to the current version of Traditional DAQ.  Note, that only 32-bit operating systems are supported.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,901 Views)

You really can't port the old driver to LabVIEW 2013. What you should do is replace the traditional DAQ functions with DAQmx. This is not a trivial task. You need to have an understanding of both. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,892 Views)