LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing subvi DAQmx Read.vi/LabVIEW load error code 21: An external subroutine required for execution could not be found.

I have a Program that uses GPIB & PCI-6229 DAQ board to communcate with signal generators. To make a standalone .exe , I
1- Built a .exe and installer using the Tools > Built Applications...
2- Installed NI-DAQmx Version 7.1 for XP
    (nidaq710.zip (NI-DAQ Installation File (537MB)))
3- Installed  NI-VISA Version 3.3.1 ( visa331full.exe (95.3 MB))
AND YET! when I try running my program on a different machine I get the following ERROR:
"Missing subvi DAQmx Read.vi ...
LabVIEW load error code 21: An external subroutine required for execution could not be found"
How should I fix this?
Thanks,
-A
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(11,204 Views)
Hi Aida,

Did you install the LabVIEW runtime engine on the deployment machine?

To run stand alone applications on a machine you need to have this piece of software installed. It's a free download and you can take it from the following site:
http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/webcategories/85256410006C055586256BBB002C1065?opendocument&node=132060_US

Regards
Sarah

Applications Engineer | National Instruments | UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(11,195 Views)

Hi Sarah,

When I created my executable, I chose to create the installer at the same time (installer settings tab in the application builder). In this case, is the runtime engine included automatically with the installer (setup.exe) when deployed on the target machines ?

Thanks for the information,

Aida.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(11,186 Views)
Hi Aida,

That is correct, it should be included automatically.

Could you post a list of all the NI Software and versions that is installed on your deployment system? Go to the Control Panel >> Add/Remove Programs >>NI Software.

Where did you get the nidaq710.zip file? was is from our website? if so could you post the link please?

Regards,
Sarah

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(11,176 Views)

Hi Sarah,

thanks for your reply...I got the DAQmx driver from the following link

http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/C1F802E457EA042586256DD00001B0C9?opendocument&node=13207...

option: NI-DAQmx Version 7.1 for Windows 2000/98/ME/NT/XPNI-DAQmx Version 7.1 for Windows 2000/98/ME/NT/XP

**Does this version support NI PCI-6229 (M-series)?

thanks,

-A

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(11,171 Views)
oh, I forgot to answer the other question: The programs installed under NI Sw are:
DataSocket
IVI
NI-DAQ
NI-SWITCH
Session Manager
VISA
MAX
NI Spy
ServerExplorer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(11,167 Views)
Hi Aida,

The error code you getting does appear to indicate the DAQmx driver isn't installed correctly.

Is the driver you're installing on the deployment system the same as the one you developed the code on? Did you have any problems when you had your application running before you built it? If you build the application into an executable will it run on the development machine?

Try installing a newer version of the driver and see if that helps.

The newest version is 8.1 and you can find it here.

Install it on your development machine first and rebuild your application before installing it on your deployment machine so the versions correlate.

Let me know how you get on.
Sarah

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(11,166 Views)
Hi Sarah,

to answer your questions:

1- the executable does run on the development machine and I had no problem with my application running.
2- I am using the exact same versions on both machines.

I am a little hesitant with installing the new drivers version on the development machine. I am using Labview 7.1, won't updating the drivers to 8.1 cause compatibility issue for me?!

also, as i said before, I am using a PCI6229 board. M series. Is this board supported in version 7.1 that I downloaded?

thanks,
A
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(11,152 Views)

Hi Aida,

Your M series board is supported in DAQmx 7.3 and later. DAQmx 7.1 will not recognize the board which could be why you are running into problems. I agree with Sarah: you should upgrade to the latest version of the DAQmx driver on both machines and rebuild the executable. The latest DAQmx driver has support for LabVIEW 7.1, so that will not be a problem either and you shouldn't run into any compatibility issues. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Hal L. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(11,142 Views)
Hal and Sarah

Can you please also help on a problem presented at the thread

The problem is not solved so far.

Thanks.

Ian 
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13