LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing sample detection

@Kevin_Price...

Overall, if some users want to do detailed timing analysis, I think you'd better pass through the original raw values from the packets -- both timing info and data.  For convenience you can also construct the cleaner, mostly redundant, but partly fictional datastreams.  By retaining the true raw data, you can defer the processing methodology to those users who care most and who may have different preferences than you or each other.  Meanwhile, you've also served the majority of use cases by constructing the convenience waveforms (and tagging them as being manipulated).

I'm a big proponent of retaining raw data whenever feasible.  Go ahead and do some inline processing for convenience, but keep the raw data too.

-Kevin P

AMEN!

RAW DATA rules! 😄 

Just because later you or someone else has a smarter idea on how to treat it or how to resolve more information from it.

Resampling and/or additional timestamping is always needed if you have different data sources not in sync. 

If you want to fill and mark missing data and have some  lower (noise) bits to share, you can use them to mark the interpolated/missing datapoint. However I would prefer an extra list of (missing data) timestamps.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(139 Views)