LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing "Detailed Help" in Context help - several cases LabVIEW 2017

I am not sure if this was reported, but the "Detailed Help" option is missing in many cases, like for some of the new Malleable VIs (I did not make an exhaustive list, just checked some).

Same problem was already reported for some of the Channel functions: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Channel-Wires/problems-with-Messenger-Channels/gpm-p/3631649/highlig...

Anyway, these are kind of tiny problems, not affecting LV functionality...

Edit: OK, it looks like the problem only exists in the Example VI (see screenshot below), when I drag a new instance of the VIM function, it shows proper Context Help. Red marker around the original vim, the green is the new instance...

vims.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,407 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

I am not sure if this was reported, but the "Detailed Help" option is missing in many cases, like for some of the new Malleable VIs (I did not make an exhaustive list, just checked some).

Same problem was already reported for some of the Channel functions: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Channel-Wires/problems-with-Messenger-Channels/gpm-p/3631649/highlig...

Anyway, these are kind of tiny problems, not affecting LV functionality...

Edit: OK, it looks like the problem only exists in the Example VI (see screenshot below), when I drag a new instance of the VIM function, it shows proper Context Help. Red marker around the original vim, the green is the new instance...

vims.png

"Stall Data" sounds scary to me, like casual LabVIEW programmers would abuse this thing to death to make up for a lack of understanding of race conditions.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,379 Views)

@billko wrote:

"Stall Data" sounds scary to me, like casual LabVIEW programmers would abuse this thing to death to make up for a lack of understanding of race conditions.

Now NI offers NXG and DAQExpress for these casual programmers, so we might expect less "victims" of the "oldschool" LabVIEW 😄

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,377 Views)

@billko wrote:

I don't think it's any worse then throwing in random "Wait", or "Time Delay" blocks.  This is just a cleaner version of that.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,356 Views)