LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing nested project library in executable

I’m having an issue with packed project libraries. I have the following hierarchy:

.\app\software\app.vi

.\library\emulator\emulator.lvlibp

.\library\emulator\driver.lvlibp

where, app statically calls a vi in emulator which statically calls a vi in driver. All of this works fine in development. The issue occurs when I do a build. The build yields the following:

.\app\builds\app.exe

.\app\builds\data\emulator.lvlibp

.\app\builds\data\driver.lvlibp

The issue has to do with both PPLs being in the same folder because emulator can’t find driver. How can I fix this without 1)rebuilding emulator to find driver in the same folder or 2)having the build place them relative to each other as in the development environment? What other options do I have to make emulator find driver in the same folder?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(608 Views)

Correcting my original post. The source paths are as below. Note my original post had driver.lvlibp in the emulator folder. That is not correct. Emulator and driver are in separate folders which is why the build doesn’t work since it puts them in the same folder.

.\app\software\app.vi

.\library\emulator\emulator.lvlibp

.\library\driver\driver.lvlibp

The goal is to have the code in the library folder be built into lvlibp’s as items are added to the library. For example, someone creates a library for statistics operations and builds that into an lvlibp. Then, any application can leverage and reuse the built lvlibp’s from the library.

As I said in my original post, the development version of my app works just fine because emulator (in the emulator folder ) can find driver (in the driver folder) but the build by default puts emulator and driver in the same folder (the data folder) which causes app to fail to successfully load emulator because it can’t find driver.

Any help is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(550 Views)