LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing dialog box

Hi All

I have an intermittent missing dialog box.  The LabVIEW program was written about 15years ago (last update was ver 6.1)and is used on a piece of production equipment.  A PC with the LabVIEW program communicates with an Allen Bradley SLC5/03 PLC.  In certain situations a PLC memory location goes high which is supposed to trigger LabVIEW to display a dialog box.  The operator must acknowledge the dialog box to continue.  The PLC memory location goes high, but no dialog box. I inherited this and I am a real novice on this.  The system has been working well for years, now this has popped up and I have no idea how to figure out the problem.  The PLC looks OK the dialog USUALLY works ok. The communication via HighwayVIEW seems to work. Anybody have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,323 Views)

The first thing I'd do is find out what has changed on the PC, software AND hardware-wise.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,303 Views)

That's the problem.  The PC, hardware and software haven't changed in a couple of years. PC didn't have AV update or virus scan running at the time and no other app running.  Serial comm seem to working fine. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,297 Views)