From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing VIs reported when using 2010 RTE

I was reluctant to bring in extra RTEs as that had seemed to be the original problem.

However, I tried your suggestion but got a "Nothing Installed" message since the intaller program located the RTE that was previously installed with LabVIEW 2010.  

I renamed the ProductCache version to "Hidden NI ... 2010" and trie to install the downloaded RTE 2010 and still got the No software will be installed or removed message.  RTE 2010 must also be installed somewhere else -- but I cannot locate it.  Do  you know where other copies are?  If so, I can rename them and try again.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(474 Views)

Hey rmtripp,

Have you tried doing a repair of the run time engine.  If you are looking to do a reinstall I would uninstall it using Add and Remove Programs and not by renaming the files on disk since that won't update any of the registry information which I think may be your issue to begin with.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(460 Views)

The NI Uninstall was used as the starting point for cleaning up, but it failed to remove a lot of stuff that had been left from earlier versions of LV or from (mistakenly) doing Installs for testing.  The problem now, after reinstalling everything is that the RTE 2010 is properly loaded and in its C:\PF(x86)\NI\Shared location and the App Builder has the correct location in the Add Installers, it still does not "connect" and generates a "do you have . . ." error.  The problem may be that the Registry still contains old material that may be confusing LV.  I am looking into what can be safely removed.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(452 Views)

Hey rmtrpp,

Given the state of your machine with so many installs, uninstalls, msiblasts, etc I would definitely consider starting from a reformated or at least a rolled back machine if this is an option since in the end it might be faster than trying to figure out all the Registry changes. In the state your machine is in we don't have any tools that can really help with the process and I would definitely suggest trying to start with a clean Registry.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(444 Views)

It appears that this is not a problem that can be solved "remotely".  Installing LabVIEW programs in my development system apparently has corrupted things in a way that is deeply entwined with Windows.  I may try to carefully clean up my registry keys or, more likely, will continue to use my development system up to the Generate Installer which I will run on a laptop that does not have these problems.

Thanks to all who responded with suggestions.  This closes the matter.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(432 Views)