LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing DLL Files

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a LabVIEW application which deals with massive data transmission between an oven and the computer as well as an XY linear stage and the computer. When I made a stand-alone executive file and transferred the application to the computer where the application will be used, I encountered missing DLL file errors. Assuming it was only a couple of DLL files, I tries manually adding them from the source computer to the destination, but the errors keep coming.

I figured there must be an easier way to fix the issue, so I searched online and it seems creating an installer file which installs LabVIEW Runtime files as well as NI-DAQmx Runtime and NI-DAQmx MAX Configuration Support, it will fix the problem. However, files for the NI-DAQmx Runtime and NI-DAQmx MAX Configuration Support do not exist on my computer. A quick search lead me to find the runtime files and after downloading from NI.COM and installation, things are OK. Now, I am trying to find the NI-DAQmx MAX Configuration Support files to add to my installer, but I can't find an exact match. Can anyone please give me a hint where I can find them?

Because the destination computer is for an industry customer, we're not allowed to install our version of LabVIEW on that. That's why I am taking this route.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,540 Views)
Exporting the hardware configuration is an option in the installer or from MAX. You create it first and then you include it when building the installer.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,530 Views)

Thanks for the reply. I have found a file that may help after installing. I will try that in the morning. But just in case and for you to know, I am only communicating with my devices through serial port and NI-DAQ USB-6008 module.

I am not very sure how to create hardware configuration files to export to the other computer.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,527 Views)

This link will help.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

Message 4 of 7
(3,523 Views)
You didn't mention serial before. You will of course need NI-VISA runtime and if you are using a USB-RS232 converter, it's driver.

Delivering a program to a customer and never used LabVIEW before?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,519 Views)

I have indeed used LabVIEW before, but this is the first time we're supposed to put an aplication on a computer on which we're not permitted to install LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,517 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author farahikia83

By installing the DAQmx and VISA drivers while the DAQ was already conected to the USB port, the job was done!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,489 Views)