LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum Installers for App with shared variables?

I have a simple application that has a cluster on the front panel and that cluster is then written to a shared variable (of type variant.)  I've successfully created an executable for this app and made sure to select the option "Deploy shared variable libraries at application execution" in the EXE build spec.  

My intent is to now create an installer for this EXE such that I can run it on a PC that has never had LabVIEW installed.  What are the minimum Additional installers I need for LV2014? I tried using the option that lets LabVIEW choose and it did successfully build the installer but when I place it on the destination computer and run 'setup.exe' I immediately get an error that says:

Error: Missing Installation files

C:\some\path\here\Volume\supportfiles\merged.cab 

I have no idea what additional installer that support file would come from and why it wasn't included when I built the installer with no errors, so I'm thinking manually is the way to go.

Note that when I built the EXE I did not include the shared variable library in the list of source files -- this did not seem to be an issue when I ran the built EXE on my dev computer -- should it be explicitly included even if I selected the 'deploy shared variable' option in the build spec?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,598 Views)

The shared variable engine is part of the run-time engine - so you don't need an additional installer for that.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,587 Views)

How confidant are you about that?  I ask because I see a checkbox called 'NI Variable Engine 2.8.0' that is separate from the Runtime.  I do see under the run time a sub-item for the NI Logos which also talks about Shared Variables.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,558 Views)