LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating applications to Chinese version of windows?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

So I have written a couple applications that are used at our US locations to control hardware via GPIB. We now have locations in Asia and I need these applications to work over that side of the pond. Just looking for feedback or people with experiance to alert me of any common problems. My big concern is date / time stamps of my test files. The software is written in LV2010. I will have so co-workers attempting the install later in the week but I don't have access to a Chinese version of windows to see if there are any differences. 

PS - GO ALONSO!!!

Kind Regards,

-Chris 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,237 Views)

F1_Fan,

You should not have trouble installing LV2010 on non-English windows.  If you do have specific problems please feel free to create a new post and we will be happy to help you out.

Regards,

Sam K

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,216 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author F1_Fan

Just curious:  Why the concern over timestamps?  Is it because you are formating as strings in "system format", which will obviosuly be different in China?  If so, you might want to change the code to stick with one specific hard-coded format?

Otherwise, I don't see a problem installing and running it on a Chinese windows PC. 

http://www.medicollector.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,211 Views)

I had a couple VI's that used system format; which I now changed. I needed a uniform time-stamp because the data generated is later imported into our QA system which is setup for a very specific format the parser likes.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,194 Views)