LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft ODBC driver manager error -2147467259 using insert into table.vi

MIcrosoft ODBC drivers error... The test.mdb file that was used as data source file is present but i still encounter error.. Its my first time to use database and sql vi's. Can any body tell me why its not working. Screen shot is attached

timmy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(4,881 Views)
There's not enough information here to tell exactly, but the error message indicates that there's a problem with the connection string. What is inside your insert VI?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(4,874 Views)

Thanks Mike for your considerations and sorry it took me long.. Insert into table Vi just insert values in table and make report format. Connection string is DSN=myDB; Vi block diagram image is attached.

I am just intrusted in making report file of test sequnce. Any other simple technique for report making is wellcome.

Thanks

timmy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,838 Views)
So what is in the DSN? That's where the actually connection information resides. By the way, a DSN is just a test file. Also where is the DSN located? You might need to include the path in the connect string.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(4,814 Views)

DSN is located in local drive. I had added the file name. Its test.mdb but still its the same problem. I am using office 2007. Now am going back to office 2003 may be it will solve my problem

timmy
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(4,788 Views)
Changing version of office will not help. Answer these questions:

1. What is in the DSN? That is the information that is important.
2. Have you tried putting the entire path to the DSN in the connect string?

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(4,786 Views)

Thanks Mike

With office 2003 problem is same. I had given the full path of the access file containing table information, but it doesn’t work. I am working on it but for the time being, i am writing my data in excel. Is there any notes r documents on ni site using data base in labview.

Thanks once again for your time

timmy
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,752 Views)

The best documentation on creating and using a dsn is going to be from Microsoft. How did you create it?

Do the examples from NI work? They install a mdb file and dsn and you should have no problems with them.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,742 Views)

Thanks Dennis

The examples are not from NI work they are written by some author from UK. I had used this code once long time ago. But now they are not working. May be i am missing something

timmy
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,726 Views)
Since you aren't using the NI toolkit, have not posted your code, the dsn, or the database, I'm not sure how much anyone can help. The error message is a microsoft one and clearly indicates a problem with the dsn you created. Perhaps you made a mistake there or in how you are passing it to the LabVIEW code. I would presume it is using ADO functions?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(4,723 Views)