From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu bar language in run-time module

I have been sent a run-time program from one of our companies in Germany. When run all its menu bar items and those activated by a right mouse click are in German. Can I change this? More importantly, since running this program all my other run-time programs also now display German menus! How can I get everything back to English? Is it possible to write another run-time module to switch everything back to normal? We have access to Labview 6, 7 or 8 but I don't know which version these particular run-time modules have been written in.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,610 Views)
Hi,
I had a similar problem and after asking the LV- support they advised me to change the Country- settings in the control panel before installing. This worked, but is not very nice for customers.
Greets, Dave

Message Edited by daveTW on 06-09-2006 01:03 PM

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,607 Views)
Hi DaveTW,

The regional settings in the control panel still appear to think the laptop is doing everything in English. All the windows menus are OK it is only the Labview ones that are now in German. Perhaps I didn't understand you reply? Are you suggesting that I will need to re-install my English run-time modules in order to convert them back to English?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,601 Views)
Hi

What might have happened is that you have over written your English run time engine with the German one. You could try uninstalling your runtime engine then reinstalling it.
Has it effected all the langue setting in LabVIEW or just your executables regardless on whether they where written in LabVIEW (German) or LabVIEW (English.)

LabVIEW Run-time Engine Version 8.0 for Windows 2000/XP

Regarding running LabVIEW (German) written programs in English you can localize your applications

If you can post you VI I will have a look at it here, see what it effects and see the best way to reverse it.

Tim

Tim M| Applications Engineer | National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,580 Views)

"Localizing Your LabVIEW Application to Different Languages" is [now] at http://www.ni.com/tutorial/3603/en/

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,828 Views)