LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu Selection using Lookup Tables to pull in selector values to choose from

I have a simple menu example that I need to implement that uses lookup tables.  I have a primary item, denoted as "fruit" in this example that when selected will populate a second menu ring's strings[] by retrieving a lookup table to populate it based on the "fruit" selection.  How do I get this functionality into an array like a shopping list?

It all seems to go to pot when I put it into an array because the second menu ring has to be identical between the different elements...

Help...

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,008 Views)

Hello,

I think I understand what you are currently doing with the two rings - using the selection of one to do a lookup and populate the values for the other.

But, what do you mean by: "How do I get this functionality into an array like a shopping list?"

Do you want to allow the user to select multiple fruits perhaps?  

If you'd like to display this in a form where they can multi-select you may try a listbox or multi-column listbox (which ever best suites the kind of data you'll list).  Users will be able to multi-select using CTRL and SHIFT keys, and the value of those controls will be an array of the selected indicies.  

If memory serves me correctly, you may need to right-click on the control (perhaps on the front panel specifically) to set the mode (something like 0 or more items, 1 or more items, etc.) to get exactly what you want.

Such a control, in combination with some appropriate event driven architecture (value change events on your ring and the listbox) should let you manage the users selections fairly easily.  Note that the value change event will only occur with a user selection (or a write to the value signaling property via a property node), and not when you simply update the Strings[] etc... so you shouldn't have to worry about those sorts of dynamic updates you may be making.

Hope this helps!

Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,006 Views)