From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu Ring with Case Structure Help

Hello,

I am working on a labview project where I want the option to view two different panels using a menu ring (so if I select "Standard Configuration" it shows me one configuration of the data and if I choose "Delta Configuration", it shows me another configuration of the data. Currently, I have the menu ring set up so it is connected to the '?' terminal of a big case structure with 2 cases "standard configuration" and "delta configuration"- however, when I look at the front panel, everything from both cases is clumped together and when I select which configuration I want in the front panel, it doesnt change anything. Is there any way to split up the graph/numeric indicators so that they are only present in their respective configurations?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,256 Views)

I can already feel the leering eyes from some people here, but why don't you just use a Tab control?  Then your user just chooses which page is visible.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,252 Views)

Tab control is the simple, less flexible answer (and there's nothing wrong with that!).

The more advanced (but significantly harder to implement) answer is to use a Subpanel - you load different VIs into the subpanel depending on the selection from the menu. You will have to implement some sort of communication between the SubVIs and your main configuration page as well as dealing with loading the VIs into/out of the Subpanel. It's how things like the LabVIEW configuration dialogues work, though.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,240 Views)