LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory usage of signals

@s.h._tech wrote:

I can seperate the memory usage from LV (and the other stuff that is opened). The signal is generated via button so I can identify the portion of the memory used after signal generation.

UPDATE: I slimed my queue transfers and have been more careful with reallocation of unused dataarrays (flashback to C). Still there are some chunks of data that I am still missing. In the linked thread of @mcduff it is statet that LV not always reallocate data, even after flushing the queue and it has the be rewritten or manually emptied.

I will run the simplified version of my project a few days and monitor the memory usage. I added a randomizer to generate, preview the signals and if all goes well the memory is not constantly increasing.

We still need to see some code!

How are you using the queue? how many elements is it limited to?.... Did you set a max queue size? how many queue elements exist at any one time? is your consumer throttled by another synchronous node?

I would certainly hope that, if you did not declare a maximum queue size, LabVIEW would pre-allocate a rather large buffer for the queue.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(290 Views)

My project is rather large to compress it to a 'functional' example. The tips from the previous posts helped, but I am still not satisfied. Also the debugging is quite tedious and unintuitive (many, many windows in my taskbar, a lot of wires).

I try not to move around the data as much and remove it after the queues have send it. For visualization I reduce the displayed data. I will draw a schematic of the classes and dataflow, maybe you guys see somehting I dont. 

@JÞB wrote:

I would certainly hope that, if you did not declare a maximum queue size, LabVIEW would pre-allocate a rather large buffer for the queue.

This is an important hint

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(274 Views)