LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory is full - load error code 3: Could not load front panel

Hi,

I am unable to load my vi's that contain LabVIEW Vision components. The error message I get: "LabVIEW: Memory is full...load error code 3: Could not load front panel." The Vision license is server based through the company I work for, and was recently installed. I've tried upping my available RAM to 3GB. I have been able to open it itermittantly, and I don't believe it is a server connection/license verification issue. I can open other vi's that don't have Vision subvi's. Not sure what else to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

ABL

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,850 Views)

How large is the file on disk?  I bet you have some control, indicator, or constant that has a large image saved in it as default data since you said you are using vision components.

When you are able to open it, look around for any of these.  Look at the VI properties and memory usage.  You may want to delete any control or indicator containing data and recreate it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,846 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion, although I'm not sure that is the source of the problem. One vi is 224KB, the other is 512KB and I am not able to open either of these files with over 3GB of available RAM. I am able to open other VI.'s (without Vision components) that are larger.

Keep the suggestions coming! Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,841 Views)

Any chance you could have somehow resaved a VI that is part of the vision toolkit with data that made it larger.  So that when the toolkit subVI loads, that is where the memory is getting eaten up.

Try reinstalling the vision toolkit.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,839 Views)

Next time you're able to get it open, try copying the entire block diagram into a new VI and then saving it.  Sometimes this error can be caused by a corrupted object on your front panel.  Doing that should remove any corruptions.  Let me know if this works out for you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,820 Views)

I have the same problem, but with a little twist. The vi was created on LV 8.5 but I added new features using LV2011 then saved in LV8.5 format. I'm able to run the new vi on LV8.5, but it wants to save, because it was recompiled. After the saving, the next time I want to use it, I get memory full/ could not open front panel error. It's very frustrating, because if I want to modify the vi, I have to do it in another computer (LV2011) and save it for LV8.5, because otherwise I can not load the saved file.

I have tried Th0r's suggestion to copy the BD to a new vi, but without luck.

Please let me know if you have any ideas to fix it. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,657 Views)

Hello,

I found this discussion forum that addresses the same issue.  The posted solution does involve copying and pasting the Block Diagram to a new VI, however it also involves modifying the LabVIEW ini file.

Instructions to fix a corrupted VI in 2011 or higher:

1. Close LabVIEW

2. Add connPaneRecoveryMode=True to the LabVIEW.ini file (-The LabVIEW.ini file is located in the National Instruments folder>>LabVIEW 2011>>LabVIEW.ini)

3. Open the corrupt VI.

4. Push Ctrl+A on the block diagram and the copy and paste to a new VI.

5. Save the new VI.

6. Close LabVIEW and remove the ini token (VERY IMPORTANT)

7. Restart LabVIEW and load the new VI and verify it is correct. Save

Regards,
Isaac S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,630 Views)

Thank you for your reply. However I didn't have problem with that vi in LV2011. I could open and save it. The problem happened when I saved in LV8.5 format. I could open it and run it in L8.5, but when I saved it become corrupt. The solution I found is saving it in 8.2 format (in LV8.5). After that everything is OK.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,627 Views)