LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory is full due to .NET Object

Hi to all,

I'm using Labview with an external .NET table. I initialize the table and then I update some values of this table periodically (1-2 times for second). After a variable time (20 minutes - 2 hours) I receive the error

Errore2.png

The section code is

Vi - Error.png

and the problem is that the parts of code highlighted in red even if they have all the correct inputs at some point they start to give out invalid references. 

As you can see from the code I always close all the references, the problem seems to be the high number of references used.

Can someone help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,219 Views)

I've had similar problems. Extract the references the 1st time you call the function and reuse them instead of extracting them every time. See how that works out. Also, why do you convert the random number to variant?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,197 Views)

You could try dropping a garbage collector node in there.

Garbage collect.png

Message 3 of 10
(3,191 Views)

For Yamaeda,

This is an example, in my project is not applicable because labview open at the most 2^20 references.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,170 Views)

For Kyle97330,

I tried but it does not improve the situation

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,169 Views)

2^20 Smiley Surprised How do you manage that?

In some cases, like pasting into Excel, you can select the 'insertion cell' and then send a 2D-array. Is there some similar function here?

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,160 Views)

2^20 is write in the solution of this https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-Memory-is-full-error-using-To-NET-Object-vi/td-p/3651001

No, is not possible to insert an array and in my case it would not help me anyway

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,157 Views)

Ah. That's why I suggested caching the ref's, as I did in that thread also, then you wont open 2^20 refs.

The only thing I react to in your code is that the Row-ref is closed directly instead of after the loop.

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,153 Views)

Did you have any success?

/Y

Qestit Systems