LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory full

Hi,

I'm using a NI cRio-9012, with a NI 9477, NI 9205 and a NI9263.

I've got a 3 - FPGA programs operating each of the modules, they are very simple and just contain a switch or a knob to operate the outpins. And in the RIO I've got a program that sequencially measures the input and changes the outpins.

I wouldn't say that the program is big but when I run the RIO program it says that the Memory is full. Now, even when I delete everything and just have a LED and a Switch, while compiling it says that only 7% of the memory remains. What could be the problem? Since even the most basic operation like switching on a LED leaves 7% of the memory, I'm absolutly confused! Help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,398 Views)

Make sure to only install the absolute minimum amount of software to the target. Each additional option requires more memory for the associated services.

The 9012 has 64MB of RAM and these days it is mostly used by the system's services.

And, to clarify, are you talking about the memory available on the RT system or in the FPGA compilation?

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,393 Views)

Hi Craig,

Thanks very much for your reply! Well, that happens when I run the program in the Rio. In the project the program is under the RIO. 

I've attached a screenshot below.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,378 Views)

Screen Shot screen_shot1.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,376 Views)