From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory buffer

Thanks for your answers. I will test them and try to do something for now and come back if I don't succeed

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(212 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

@katzumaki wrote:

For the stacked sequence, it's just a repetition of the case structure 4 times. Thanks for the tip about flat sequence, I will use it next time if I encounter a problem.

I would recommend no sequence.  If your Stacked Sequence really is a Case Statement repeated four times, replace it with a For Loop, N=4, use "i" to index the Case Selector.  

As for Flat Sequences, in almost every instance (and more are being eliminated as LabVIEW gains new features!), the Principle of Data Flow is all you need to properly sequence functionality.  I've seen some use Frames to separate "Initialization" from "Acquisition" from "Closing", but a Free Text Label will do the same thing and won't clutter the Block Diagram as much.

Bottom Line -- learn LabVIEW.  Study Good Code (or the LabVIEW Examples).

Bob Schor

I can't find *any* technical reason to use a sequence structure of any kind.  In the event that you need to use a sequence structure to enforce dataflow when reading or writing a global, for instance, you can place it in a subVI with error terminals, instead.  (I'm not saying you should do that, but if you wanted to be a dataflow purist...)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(204 Views)