LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring Voltage signals from a Pressure Transducer

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to use NI 9219 AI Universal to measure voltage signals from a Pressure transducer. I need help regarding connections of NI 9219 with the transducer and also in Labview program. I'd be grateful for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,136 Views)

Unfortunately my cristall ball unforseeable dropped on the floor and need a recalibration ....  😉

So please provide more information according to the sensor you want to connect.

A link to the datasheet would be nice.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,123 Views)

As Henrik so sagely put it, we would really need to know more about your set up in order to assist. Make and model of the transducer at least please?

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,103 Views)

Hi skamdar,

I need help regarding connections of NI 9219 with the transducer

I guess you already read the manual of the NI9219: it explains how to connect voltage signals!

What else do you need to know?

and also in Labview program.

LabVIEW comes with a lot of example VIs. There are also examples showing how to measure voltages! Did you test them?

More glassball issues:

The NI9219 is just a module - but where did you plug it in? Do you use a cDAQ or a cRIO?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,101 Views)

Hi I'm sorry for the brevity. I'm using a DRUCK 0-5 BAR PMP 317 absolute pressure transducer. Its manual : http://mechatec.co.kr/upload/pty3/1192377419_0.pdf

I'm not sure how to provide Excitation voltage from the NI DAQ itself. Also how to program in Labview to read voltages from Pressure transducer.I hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,088 Views)

Hi I'm sorry for the brevity. I'm using a DRUCK 0-5 BAR PMP 317 absolute pressure transducer. Its manual : http://mechatec.co.kr/upload/pty3/1192377419_0.pdf

I'm not sure how to provide Excitation voltage from the NI DAQ itself. Also how to program in Labview to read voltages from Pressure transducer.I hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,086 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thanks for your suggestions. I've read the Manual but struggling with Preesure transducers connection with NI Module. I have till now been using seperate voltage source for excitation voltage for Transducer. But this one seems to have a built in voltage excitation, so I'm confused which one to go with. 

Also I would be grateful if you could elaborate on program in labview to measure Voltage signals from Transducer.I'm using a CDAQ for meauring.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,084 Views)

You can't use the 9217 exitation, it's max 2.5V and meant to drive strain bridges or provide a small exitation for resistance measurments.

Do you have a 3 Wire or a 4 wire cable? 

connect the power supply to 0V and supply positive  and connect the 9217 Lo to 0V and the Hi to the output positive.  (4 wire probbably will have two 0V, one for power, the other for signal, like that you have less power supply ripple noise on your signal ground (see sig 😉  ) but the naming of the wires/contacts says all 🙂

And if you have to much noise on your signal: Test with a 9V batterie as a supply. If that helps, you need a clean power supply. For 9V  one good source is a E guitare music shop. Some of the sound effect pedals are prone to be sensitive to power supply noise and most of them need 9V.

For the LabVIEW program: Start with MAX to test the readout, then look for the shipped examples found at HELP-Examples

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,070 Views)