LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring E with N9030A using VISA Software

This Vi was developed using the Agilent 89600 VSA which is now retired. I currently have the Agilent N9030A with VSA software and would like to use the attached Vi but the communication with the 9030 is different. It starts with the Automation Open > Automation Refnum. Is there away to simply change this to communicate using GPIB or even TCPIP? It seems that once it sees the 9030 it would understand and move forward to the instrucions in the Stacked Sequence. But then it may not be as simple as I would hope!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,539 Views)
The driver for the 9030 that you get with Help> Find Instrument Drivers works with GPIB, USB, Ethernet/LXI.

I can't look at the VI right now but anything that uses a stacked sequence structure is, almost by definition, poorly written code and should be redone.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,529 Views)

Dennis,

Poorly written and old describes me to a T, LOL. I don't have the skills to come up with the correct implemenation for an EVm measurement and was hoping to get lucky. I looked at the 3rd party VI's but none seem to apply. Hoping someone has done this so we'll see.

Thanks for the quick response.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,524 Views)

Hello jelyons44,

NI provides plug and play, project style drivers for the Agilent N9030A. These drivers commnicate with the device over GPIB, ethernt,  USB, or LXI. You can find the driver through LabVIEW as Dennis has suggested, or download it from our website here:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=17603

By no means are these functions gauranteed to implement the comprehensive capabiltiies of your Agilent N9030A. Depending on your application, however, the packaged examples may meet your requirements or serve as exmpales for cretaing your own VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,484 Views)