cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement error with .exe in different system

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All.

I have developed one Automated test software using LabVIEW integrated with Auridno UNO, I have build the application exe and works fine in my system and when install in different system looks getting false measurements, I am trying to measure on Power supply output which is 24VDC in my system exe measuring properly, but with another system measuring 18.5VDC where power supply output is 24VDC only, other than this even I am using Aurdino DIO port which are working fine.

I have tried with 4 systems, in that 2 working fine and 2 are getting false result in one system showing 22.2VDC in another 18.5VDC for same 24VDC voltage.

For Information:

LabVIEW version 2019

Aurdino 1.6

Runtime 2019

I am not able to under stand is this error with LabVIEW/aurdino/system 

Wr/-

Raikar A G

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,394 Views)

This isn't a LabVIEW question. This is a question about the Arduino and/or the electrical characteristics of your system.

Since the Arduino is the one actually doing the measurement, you should ask about this in an Arduino forum.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,359 Views)

I am using LIFA code with aurdino and there is no change in electrical parameters, I have measured with external instruments.

Is there CPU speed mater's for this issue.

Aurdino it's just Atmega controller, sorry for comments but really it's confusing for me 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,353 Views)

Yes, this seems like a hardware question, but you are leaving it a lot of important information. Arduino analog inputs are 0-5V, so you probably have extra circuits. What else is different between the systems? How is the Arduino powered (USB, external supply)?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,348 Views)

Dear One.

Arduino analog inputs are 0-5V

Yes Arduino analog inputs are 0-4.5VDC, output 24VDC of Power supply given to Arduino through differential op-amp circuit

, so you probably have extra circuits. What else is different between the systems? How is the Arduino powered (USB, external supply)?

Arduino is powered through external 12VDC 

And when I verified with 4 different system, in 2 system measurements are ok measuring exactly as DMM, with other 2 system, one system measuring 22.2VDC other one 18.6VDC

Wr/-

Raikar A G 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,267 Views)

Sorry Aurdino is Powered by USB itself

Wr/-

Raikar A G

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,259 Views)

If you have 2 (or 4 😉 ) systems that behave differently, generally it's nice to believe that the difference is caused by some change.

What changes between your systems?

If you're confident that all of the hardware is identical (I don't know if you are or not...) then consider perhaps the environment. Or the power sockets at the wall. Or ...

Find what changes and then you'll have a clue as to what might cause the problem.

Does the LabVIEW code change between systems? If not, does the LabVIEW version change?

Are there shared libraries in use that might be different versions on different computers?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,238 Views)

@Raikar wrote:

Sorry Aurdino is Powered by USB itself

Have you measured the output of the arduino directly? The amount of power you can draw from the USB port depends on the USB port specification. Maybe some systems are insufficient.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,222 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Raikar

Dear one,

After replying you,I am working on the same direction now I have connected aurdino with external supply, some minor tweaking in off-set I am doing in LabVIEW for measurement, let you know the results by tomorrow

Thanking you

Wr/-

Raikar A G

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,212 Views)

Dear,

Problem is solved after connecting external supply to Aurdino, it's same in all system now thank you very much for your suggestions

Wr/-

Raikar A G

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,197 Views)