From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement Computing DAQ cards

Hello everybody,

is anybody out there having experiences with DAQ cards from Measurement Computing? Especially the PCI-DAC670x series?

1) Are they really compatible (one2one replacement seen from the output connector) with cards from NI?

2) Is the Universal Library a stable software solution?

Any comments on these cards?
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,166 Views)
I am using a multifunction DAQ card and a analog out card. I have had no problems using the MCC Labview drivers, but there was a bug in build 550a when using the NI Labview drivers with the MCC boards. There was a memory leak, and I was told that it would be fixed in the next build. I have not checked to see if that is true yet.

I can't say if there is a one-one relationship with the connector, but logicially and electrically, I was able to use the MCC DAQ card the same way I was using an NI card.

In conclusion, using the card with the MCC Labview functions is safe and stable, but I can't say that you can use them reliably with the NI DAQ functions. I have always heard from other users that the hardware is as good as the NI products, and I have had no problems with that. Tech support is decent, also.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,158 Views)