LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement & Automation Problem I think?

Hello, have two seperate computers running the same software, one has vb6 installed.

I have a labview program and vb6 program that does pretty close to the same thing.

I set up a task in M&A with 2 temperatures. Voltages are the problem.

They run fine in vb6  with a voltage of around .25 on one computer.

I switch the usb cable of a daqpad6015 and the voltages changed to .14 and .09 on the other computer inside m&a and labview.

I am also taking 2 pressure and flows in the same task which have equivelent voltages between computers.

Whats happening.

thanks.

The funny thing is if I unplug the usb cable and then plug it back in, the correct voltage is displayed in m&A for a split second and then drops to the errored voltage.

Message Edited by j_es on 08-22-2006 02:51 PM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,231 Views)

Hi Jes,

I just want to make sure I understand the situation:  You have a single DAQPad-6015 for USB with two different cables, and you are connecting it to different computers (only one at a time, back and forth).  You have a VB6 program on one computer and a LabVIEW program on the other computer, each performing the same tasks.  This task is comprised of 2 AI Temperature channels, 2 AI Pressure channels, and 1 AI Flow channel. When reading from the VB6 computer with cable #1, you read .25V on temperature channel 1.  When reading from the LabVIEW computer with cable #2, you read .14V on temperature channel 1.  Is that correct?

I would suggest reading from Measurement & Automation explorer on both computers from the DAQPad-6015 with cable #1, then doing the same thing (reading from Measurement & Automation explorer on both computers from the DAQPad-6015), but this time with cable #2.  This will eliminate the variable of the software application being used.  If both cables are working properly, you should see the same readings on each computer.  If they are different, it sounds like one of the cables could be faulty. 

Also note that if you are taking temperature readings, slight variations in temperature will cause changes in the voltage read in.  So if these computers are in different rooms, the difference in reading could be due to the difference in temperature between rooms. 

Please verify that I understand your setup and give that a try.  Let me know if you are still having trouble...

Regards,

Nicholas B, Applications Engineer, National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,192 Views)