LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure a Voltage Pulse

I have a tachometer used to measure our centrifuge that puts out 5v every time it makes a full turn. I need to read the frequency of this 5v blip (0 volts otherwise) in Hz or RPM's - (Prefer Hz). I am not sure how to build this VI in labview, as I become confused on what to do after the voltage is acquired. From there can I measure the frequency of this 5v pulse that is generated? Which function would be best for this? I should be able to do the math from that point. Or would I use some kind of counter?  I am fairly new to labview; plan on taking courses but as of right now any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Chris

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,964 Views)

@Choover wrote:

I have a tachometer used to measure our centrifuge that puts out 5v every time it makes a full turn. I need to read the frequency of this 5v blip (0 volts otherwise) in Hz or RPM's - (Prefer Hz). I am not sure how to build this VI in labview, as I become confused on what to do after the voltage is acquired. From there can I measure the frequency of this 5v pulse that is generated? Which function would be best for this? I should be able to do the math from that point. Or would I use some kind of counter?  I am fairly new to labview; plan on taking courses but as of right now any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Chris

You are reading the Tachometer input that is giving 5V pulse when it completes a rotation. You tried to compare it with "5"? Smiley Mad

Analog input will never give you a value exactly what you are expected, it should always have tolerrance of atleast 2% added to your expected input.

I have added a quick example on calculating RPM Value this may not give you precise result but it will give a kick start for you to use low level VI's

DAQ_RPM.png

Good luck

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,956 Views)