LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure Power using Labview and two PXI-4071 DMMs

Hello,

I am trying to make a simple VI.  I am measuring input AC voltage and Current using two PXI-4071 DMMs.  I want to Calculate Power and Power Factor.  I am able to read the voltage and current fine.  I just dont know how to calculate the power and power factor.  Im looking for real power not watt*amps.  Please Help.

Scott

Attached is my VI

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,228 Views)

Hi Scott,

Please reference this link. Once here, select the "Approach" tab and you will find a link to the Electrical Power Measurement Palette for LabVIEW on the left side of the window. You can download this pallet of VIs that should contain the functions (and others) that you are interested in.

Regards,

Kareem W.
National Instruments
Web Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,212 Views)

I have already tried this pallet.  The EPM_Power.VI isn't calculating power factor right which in turn is making power incorrect.  The current also Reference this NI Forum Link.  http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Having-trouble-with-power-and-power-factor-form-EPM-Power-VI/m-p/158...

I asked this post because no one has really gotten back to me on an answer for the epm pallet and I thought there might be another way.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,209 Views)

Scott,

It appears that another applications engineer (Sean_N) has been assigned your initial forum post. I assure you that he is working on finding an answer to your question. We would like for our customers to limit questions to one forum so that we do not duplicate efforts on our end. I will contact Sean to remind him that you are awaiting a response. I will also point all future traffic from this post to your initial one.

Thanks,

Kareem W.
National Instruments
Web Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,200 Views)

Duplicate post. Please reference this link.

Kareem W.
National Instruments
Web Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,199 Views)