From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meaning of "This VI's connector pane does not match any of the user-specified connector panes."

Solved!
Go to solution

What does the following VI Analyzer message mean: "This VI's connector pane does not match any of the user-specified connector panes." ?

The VI it references has 4 connections: 2 in and 2 out. It was selected from a Pattern.

Everywhere the VI it references is used is relinked and properly connected.

So what is it warning about?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,579 Views)

I believe it's referring to one of these:

• Terminal Connection Type—Checks that controls and indicators on the connector pane that match user-specified names or patterns include the user-specified terminal connection type, such as required, recommended, or optional.
  • Terminal Positions—Checks that controls and indicators connected to a connector pane that match user-specified names or patterns are located in certain positions.

From here: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3588

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,573 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dbaechtel

As it says, it is just a warning.

Many programmers standardize on a small selection of connector patterns. The VI analyzer will tell you if a different connector pane is used. One of your VIs apparently uses a 2x2 connector pane, which is not very often used. (For example (1) it would need to be changed if you need more connectors later, (2) It does not match the standard error-in and error-out at the bottom terminals, (3) if it is wired in series with subVIs having more popular patterns, the wires will have bends and things don't line up, etc.)

Two Choices:

1. If you are really in love with the 2x2 connector pane, add it to the analyzer configuration as accepted pattern.
  2. Stick to a more standardized connector pane, even if not all connectors are currently used.

Message 3 of 5
(4,556 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

As it says, it is just a warning.

Many programmers standardize on a small selection of connector patterns. The VI analyzer will tell you if a different connector pane is used. One of your VIs apparently uses a 2x2 connector pane, which is not very often used. (For example (1) it would need to be changed if you need more connectors later, (2) It does not match the standard error-in and error-out at the bottom terminals, (3) if it is wired in series with subVIs having more popular patterns, the wires will have bends and things don't line up, etc.)

Two Choices:

1. If you are really in love with the 2x2 connector pane, add it to the analyzer configuration as accepted pattern.
  2. Stick to a more standardized connector pane, even if not all connectors are currently used.

THANKS for the insight.

How do I add it to the analyzer configuration as accepted pattern ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,552 Views)

@dbaechtel wrote:
How do I add it to the analyzer configuration as accepted pattern ? 

Sorry, I don't have access to the VI analyzer, but since it talks about "user specified patterns", I am sure there is a way for you, as the user(!), to specify different selection of accepted patterns. 😄

Or you could just skip that particular test entirely.

Darren can probably chip in here with more details. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,542 Views)