LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum value in control design and simulation loop

Hi,

I am trying to determine the maximum value when running a CD and Simulation loop. I know if using another type of loop, I could use a shift register and continue to build an array, but I can't seem to form a shift register with the CD and Sim loop. My CD and Sim loop has 100 iterations. Is there any way I can log all 100 values into an array?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,322 Views)
Did you try using the build array function?
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,320 Views)

So I should probably have mentioned that I am a labview novice....

If I use the build array function  inside of the CD and Sim loop it will only store the last value. I have verified this bychecking the size of the array and it returns a value of 1.

Message Edited by peeroe on 09-23-2009 09:04 PM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,314 Views)
can you post your vi or a sample of your vi?
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,310 Views)

I have posted the VI. The value that I have labeled as "VITAL VALUE" is the one that I am trying to get the maximum for. It is displayed on the graph in red.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,308 Views)

could you post it as 8.6?

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,305 Views)

Ooops,

Sorry about that. Hopefully this one will work a little better.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,303 Views)

hi guys .. didnt found any relative thread to post my problem hence posting here only... sorry for that.

i want to take an output value out of the simulation. is it possible? 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,801 Views)

Hi JUSTBEGINE,

Since this thread is older, you would probably be better served creating a new post for issues like this in the future.  As for your immediate question:  Yes, you can pass a value out of a Control & Simulation loop like you'd pass any other value out of a loop in LabVIEW.  If you're unfamiliar with how to do that, here's some getting started information about using loops in LabVIEW:  http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7588/en/

More closely related to the Control Design and Simulation environment, check out the following getting started materials to ramp up to speed:  http://www.ni.com/tutorial/11653/en/

In addition, you should be able to find examples in the Example Finder (Help >> Find Examples >> Control and Simulation) regarding how to do this.  

Matt | NI Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,792 Views)